Aubiose is probably the most absorbent bedding that money can buy. Suitable for horses, pigs, goats, sheep,
poultry & small animals, Aubiose is a completely different type of bedding, providing you with savings in time
& labour if it is managed properly. Aubiose works by soaking up liquids in a small area at the base of the bed.
The capped layer that forms over this saturated material reduces the chance of wet bedding being mixed in
with the dry. The top layer of the bed remains warm, soft and dry. Aubiose is also perfect for animals with
respiratory ailments, horses prone to laminitis or animals susceptible to thrush. Aubiose is a 100% natural
material which composts readily without the need for added composting agents. For this reason farmers and
gardeners love it! Furthermore, Aubiose is an annually renewable resource which can be traced back to the
field in which it was grown! Most importantly, Aubiose is good for animals, providing a clean, natural & healthy
• Start with a clean stable.
• You will need approximately 8 bales of Aubiose for a 12ft x 12ft stable.
• Dampen the bed by spraying with a hose or by using approximately 1 gallon
of water per bale as this helps the bed to settle and create a secure base.
• Animals are not generally tempted to eat Aubiose but as they are of an inquisitive nature we advise
that when Aubiose is first used, the bed be sprayed with a weak solution of a safe disinfectant and
that the horse/pony has access to it’s normal ration of forage. Persistent bed eating may cause colic.
• Remove any droppings 2 to 3 times a day, and lightly rake the top of the bed to keep its shape.
• Every 5 to 10 days (depending on the animal) remove the saturated material, then
top up with fresh Aubiose (average requirement is half to one bale per week).
• Aubiose can be used as a deep litter bed. Remove droppings 2 or 3 times
daily, lightly rake the top of the bed. Add fresh Aubiose as required.
• DISPOSAL: Because Aubiose is so absorbent, there will be less material removed
from the stable, thus reducing the area needed for muck storage. Aubiose is made
from young plants, and will break down rapidly to form a very valuable compost.
• Aubiose is a real natural sponge and can absorb 8 times more than any other bedding material.
• As Aubiose is not dusty it is perfectly suitable for horses with respiratory problems.
• Aubiose stays dry on the top surface for the horse’s well-being.
• Hemp cultivation is environmentally friendly (100% natural and without pesticides) and
is easily renewed (annual planting in the heart of the Champagne Ardenne region)
• It composts easily and can be reused for other cultures
• Aubiose is economical, less material per horse and per
year and therefore less time spent in cleaning the stable.
• Less demanding when mucking out and less manure to handle.